• Advertisement

I think Snapper now trumps MTD IPL confusion.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

I think Snapper now trumps MTD IPL confusion.

Postby hanz63 » Thu May 05, 2022 8:41 pm

I've always hated things like the IPL showing multiple style spindles or other parts on MTD parts break down. Or Deere's guess the LX front axle quiz. Today looking up belts for a LT 125 Snapper to get a jump on things. But no, it could have either a deep groove or a shallow groove belt pulley system. And each one could be 2 different lengths. It isn't even here yet, so there goes those best laid plans. Turtle soup anyone?
hanz63
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: I think Snapper now trumps MTD IPL confusion.

Postby KE4AVB » Thu May 05, 2022 9:50 pm

I just when out today out back and had a good scream myself. I beginning to wonder why I even try. Darn spindles I ordered don't even have grease zerks but are listed as the correct replacements. How in the heck am I going to grease the tapered bearings.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Fri May 06, 2022 8:03 am

Gotta love those running changes when they just slap them in without noting anything like a serial number break.... But then again, bear in mind later model consumer snapper, last time I saw one, was made by MTD in the first place (like Toro consumer models) , also seen them built by Husqvarna - Generally if you are familiar with the design and construction of box store MTD and Husqvarna (formerly AYP) you start to quickly recognize which factory built which brand, and can often find matching (and sometimes cheaper) repair parts from other brands built by the same factory....
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby hanz63 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:06 pm

This season really has been good so far. Lots of PM, low hour PM in many. Then you have days like these to balance things out...
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat May 07, 2022 6:09 am

Mine has right the opposite. Lot of Pita repairs. Everything seems to a major repair. Then yesterday I get a Z950M with oil pressure indicated problem. Act like a bad sensor but it is not. Done installed two different sensors. If the lawn is dry enough this weekend I try mowing it and check the oil pressure when it is hot. I think the problem is the 10w30 he is running in the Kawasaki. It should be 15w50 Syn or 20w50 conv. I will change the oil once I duplicate the problem and after I check the oil pressure and see if that resolves the problem. Otherwise it is an engine tear down for internal inspection.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sat May 07, 2022 12:09 pm

Just had one of my customers big JD Z's burn to the ground. Nice rides, but somehow these pack grass in everywhere. Dealing with a noise issue w/ lots of hours?
hanz63
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum