• Advertisement

does this price look right?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

does this price look right?

Postby 38racing » Sat May 07, 2022 7:50 pm

https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-P ... ery=797890
95$ usd. My database shows I have part of one in my parts bins and I have the repairclinic number indicating that I bought it there as I don't have my aftermarket supplier on it, but no way would I have paid that high a price. That's over 120 cdn. I see now that my aftermarket is offering that part number at 18 cdn
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: does this price look right?

Postby 38racing » Sat May 07, 2022 8:11 pm

38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat May 07, 2022 9:15 pm

Those prices are above suggested list prices.

These are my vendor prices. US of course.
Image Image

But yes things are getting ridiculously priced lately. The Kohler kit from Stens is high than the OEM distributor price.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat May 07, 2022 9:48 pm

our gasoline just hit the equivalent of 5.77 USD per US gal
at 1.90 cdn per litre
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun May 08, 2022 7:10 am

Well I consider that just more price gouging by the rich. Personally I have cut my fuel consumption to less than a third of what I normally use. I cut back of food too but that one is good in a way as I was needing to lose some weight and keep some my money. ;) Heck I haven't had steak in weeks. Not going to pay $12/lb. It can lay there and rot as far as I care.

I actually down from 258 to 242. I shooting for 220 so I got to cut back a little more; just take getting use to not opening that dang frig door as I walk by. I already gave up soft drinks and candy.

I kinda having to otherwise as the jerk of a doctor changed my BP meds and refuses to change me back. So a second doctor has refused to work with me on getting meds corrected. Going to try another one this coming week. I am currently averaging 160/102. Before the change I was averaging 130/90. All I can think of is the doctors just wanting me back in the hospital again. Well at I got the BP back down from 225/120 by losing the weight.

For fuel it is around $3.70 here even I paid only $3.30 per gal last Sunday with my discount. 24 gallons.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Sun May 08, 2022 10:45 am

That carb kit price doesn't surprise me. The engine is long out of production and demand has dropped so they are not selling enough to stay profitable plus costs have gone stupid. It won't be long before the kit is nla.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Sun May 08, 2022 11:17 am

[quote="38racing"]https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?query=797890
95$ usd. My database shows I have part of one in my parts bins and I have the repairclinic number indicating that I bought it there as I don't have my aftermarket supplier on it, but no way would I have paid that high a price. That's over 120 cdn. I see now that my aftermarket is offering that part number at 18 cdn[/quote

You can get OEM Briggs on eBay for $ 53.00 (US dollars) plus free shipping right now.
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sun May 08, 2022 8:29 pm

creia wrote:
38racing wrote:https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?query=797890
95$ usd. My database shows I have part of one in my parts bins and I have the repairclinic number indicating that I bought it there as I don't have my aftermarket supplier on it, but no way would I have paid that high a price. That's over 120 cdn. I see now that my aftermarket is offering that part number at 18 cdn[/quote

You can get OEM Briggs on eBay for $ 53.00 (US dollars) plus free shipping right now.
Michael

never free shipping to Canada on ebay. basically nothing from Canada on ebay.ca . most us vendors now opt for the global shipping option which usually costs more because it actually ships twice and then you get hit with tax and duty which usually postal service doesn't collect. very rare I ever purchase on ebay anymore. auctions there are a thing of the past. just store outlets now.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon May 09, 2022 7:59 am

RoyM wrote:That carb kit price doesn't surprise me. The engine is long out of production and demand has dropped so they are not selling enough to stay profitable plus costs have gone stupid. It won't be long before the kit is nla.

Also we got remember Briggs had filed Chapter 11 and got snatched up by an investment firm which trying to milk everyone dry.

I have only seen two Briggs engines this year so far. Just lots Kawasaki and Kohler along with a few Honda engines. I got a new problem a with a Kawasaki engine oil pressure is dropping to 15 psi with hot. Looks to tear down this coming week when I can get to it. At the least the customer has a backup mower which helps since he is commercial.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon May 09, 2022 9:31 am

my 02 S10 pickup oil pressure gauge drops to low warning most hot days for 15 years. Stupid me didn't think to have sensor replaced when it was tore down for lower intake gasket. My 86 s10 was opposite. Once it heated up it pegged itself to max psi.
38racing
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum