• Advertisement

does this price look right?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: does this price look right?

Postby creia » Mon May 09, 2022 6:00 pm

38racing wrote:
creia wrote:
38racing wrote:https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?query=797890
95$ usd. My database shows I have part of one in my parts bins and I have the repairclinic number indicating that I bought it there as I don't have my aftermarket supplier on it, but no way would I have paid that high a price. That's over 120 cdn. I see now that my aftermarket is offering that part number at 18 cdn[/quote

You can get OEM Briggs on eBay for $ 53.00 (US dollars) plus free shipping right now.
Michael

never free shipping to Canada on ebay. basically nothing from Canada on ebay.ca . most us vendors now opt for the global shipping option which usually costs more because it actually ships twice and then you get hit with tax and duty which usually postal service doesn't collect. very rare I ever purchase on ebay anymore. auctions there are a thing of the past. just store outlets now.

OK- Thank you for the explanation. You poor canuks really get screwed on this...
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Re: does this price look right?

Postby KE4AVB » Tue May 10, 2022 5:45 am

Some of things done with shipping cost just passes everything to the purchasers. A&I here charges full UPS retail prices on shipping even though they are getting a volume discount from UPS. Yet they offer free shipping on $200+ orders. But boy did I got stiffed on a $192 order when they charged me $46 for shipping, just because they wanted to ship out three different warehouses.

When Sunbelt was doing it the rates were reasonable. Now that A&I brought them it is not so. I can pay more for items and still money by paying less for shipping from other vendors. And they just can't figure out my purchases from them have dropped so much. Even on the after market items I can get better pricing from Stens now where Sunbelt was lower before.

A&I is threatening to terminate my Sunbelt Dealership because I not buying enough of their products. Well I am not going to get ripoff just to be a dealer. Plus there have been other problems with A&I too. Their sales to me have dropped from $4000 per year to under $500 because the problems which are their fault and not mine; other than me being price aware. (apples to apples comparisons)

Also while I thinking of it be aware that Oregon is sending out after market MTD 918-04426 (Oregon 82-406) taper bearing spindles without grease fittings. Oregon claims they don't need greasing (I disagree with them on this, so does my distributor tech support). I am sending back 5 of them this week as I replaced the new spindles with ones from Stems (285-107) that do have them. My customer is a commercial operator not a home owner.

Now of course they are only slight lower than my MTD distributor but they do come with mounting screws which the Oregon 82-406 does not.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum