• Advertisement

Installing new itty bitty Nikki O rings?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Installing new itty bitty Nikki O rings?

Postby Arkie » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:00 am

Anyone got any tips for installing replacement new itty bitty o rings onto the removable brass jets on a Nikki carb so as to not over stretch twist or break the new o rings? :?:

The carb is a Nikki 498751 with the plastic tube that holds the two brass jets.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Installing new itty bitty Nikki O rings?

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:17 pm

You just gently stretch over tip of the smaller end of jet into the groove. Never had a problem with over 100 of them installed here. The only thing is work where no wind blowing or they vanish quickly. You might want to lightly oil them so they slip into holder easier but not necessary.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:56 pm

KE4AVB wrote:You just gently stretch over tip of the smaller end of jet into the groove. Never had a problem with over 100 of them installed here. The only thing is work where no wind blowing or they vanish quickly. You might want to lightly oil them so they slip into holder easier but not necessary.

Thanks for the above reply.:

Some experience I ran into lately that might be helpful when trying to get a good run from the dual throat Nikki's that have the two small brass jets in the bottom of the plastic emulsion tube.
(some of the dual throat do not have the TWO small brass jets, just a single H fixed H jet resting at 90 degrees in at the bottom of the emulsion tube)

I had a Briggs dual throat Nikki Briggs part number 791230 with bad Brass jet o rings.I had a China Clone Dosens carb as a engine replacement and the Dosens carb would not idle smooth but had good High end run.
I removed the NEW plastic emulsion tube from the clone and installed into the OEM Nikki and got a good run. (sometimes clones can be used as parts carbs)

I also stumbled across a Nikki kit that seems to have all the gaskets and o ring for rebuilding a duel throat Nikki for $10.95, but just noticed sold out now on Amazon. (appears I got the last one on Amazon)
Here is a ebay link for the kit for $12.68 If the link don't work look for eBay item number:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185142694832?h ... SwiyhhgkAO
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:28 pm

I haven't seen that style yet but of course his year has been a little weird as I had only two Brigg engines in the shop one rider and one tiller. Every things else has been mostly Kawasaki and Honda engines except the ATV/UTV equipment.

I seldom ever need all the gaskets since I got the USC unit.

Just finished up repairing a Hustler ZTR had thrown a drive belt. But was the worst damage it the damage the owner's wife did to it when they loaded it. She dropped the tractor front bucket on it. So there was a lot more to fix than just a belt replacement.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:58 pm

But was the worst damage it the damage the owner's wife did to it when they loaded it. She dropped the tractor front bucket on it.

Somehow that was the husbands FAULT. ;)
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:42 pm

Arkie wrote:But was the worst damage it the damage the owner's wife did to it when they loaded it. She dropped the tractor front bucket on it.

Somehow that was the husbands FAULT. ;)

Yelp his fault as he admitted he was being lazy as he usually winches the mower up on the trailer when it need repairs. Now he does have a valid excuse as he just had hole in his heart repaired.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum