• Advertisement

Hustler zero turn question

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Hustler zero turn question

Postby jerkputter123 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:00 am

Any suggestion on where we can buy one that will last ? You had any good luck with aftermarket ones ?
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:22 am

Using model number given for parts look-up.

I usually have good with Xtreme clutches and they are usually lower than the OEM ones. But in this case the Warner 5219-191 is lower in cost from Warner Direct and is the original PTO clutch. BTW the Xtreme PN is X0922. Both are replacements for the Hustler PN 605777.

https://www.warnerptodirect.com/shop/pto-clutches/5219-191?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvaM4JKR-AIV2PbICh1NGQqKEAQYASABEgJP0PD_BwE
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby jerkputter123 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:35 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Using model number given for parts look-up.

I usually have good with Xtreme clutches and they are usually lower than the OEM ones. But in this case the Warner 5219-191 is lower in cost from Warner Direct and is the original PTO clutch. BTW the Xtreme PN is X0922. Both are replacements for the Hustler PN 605777.

https://www.warnerptodirect.com/shop/pto-clutches/5219-191?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvaM4JKR-AIV2PbICh1NGQqKEAQYASABEgJP0PD_BwE

Thank you. That is the one I will have him buy. I really appreciate your help on this KE4AVB.
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby jerkputter123 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:54 am

Will this clutch come off without using a puller ? or will I have to find one. I don't have a lift and struggle getting under this mower but I guess I will help him. Thanks
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby 38racing » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:02 am

my experience has been clutch may come off without puller but those drive pullies above it not so much.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:16 pm

This why I am a big fan using antiseize compound when I do get them off. Here Cub Cadet are the worst offender for not using it on their ZTRs. I destroy more drive pulleys than I save when it comes to these mowers. As for Hustler I only change one PTO and it was on a Super Z and was no problem getting it. And yes PTO stuck pretty good on other mowers.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby jerkputter123 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:17 pm

38racing wrote:my experience has been clutch may come off without puller but those drive pullies above it not so much.

Thanks 38racing. I noticed one of the belts has a notch missing and will break very soon.
Not sure I want to go back turning wrenches. I did for 50 years and for some reason I can't completely get out of it. :D
Last edited by jerkputter123 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby jerkputter123 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:23 pm

KE4AVB wrote:This why I am a big fan using antiseize compound when I do get them off. Here Cub Cadet are the worst offender for not using it on their ZTRs. I destroy more drive pulleys than I save when it comes to these mowers. As for Hustler I only change one PTO and it was on a Super Z and was no problem getting it. And yes PTO stuck pretty good on other mowers.

I am also a big fan of Anti-Seize but when I think about it I am only using for the next person :roll: . I actually believe I can walk near it and I will get it all over me. It jumps over on me :D :D
Maybe the clutch won't hit me on the head when I attempt to remove it next week . Thanks :roll: :roll:
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:02 am

And that anti-seize stuff goes a long way. I just got a couple new cans this month. The last can finally got too thick beside it was about gone.

Actually many my jobs return for later a few years later so I am helping myself.

As for those PTO clutches I am slowly designing a custom puller for those that are seized on the shaft just I design myself a tool to hold those double D on some of the clutches. I got four sizes but across a 46mm one earlier this year and didn't even have a wrench to fit it. It is on the back burner right now as I got more work than I can shake a stick at. Two more big Ariens ZTRs and a Rider came yesterday. And I only got rid one ATV. So the equipment yard is getting full yet again. Boy I got to start working 12 hr days if I am going to catch up.

What I really need to do is stay off the computer hunting parts. It has become a war zone trying to buy parts and get them here within a reasonable time. It seems like everyday there is a front breaking out to battle with. All new surcharges and shipping charges are a pain to deal with. I am having to reprice everything at the time of ordering it. I rather be fixing the equipment. At least there I can beat something into submission. :lol:
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby jerkputter123 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:38 am

[quote="KE4AVB"]And that anti-seize stuff goes a long way. I just got a couple new cans this month. The last can finally got too thick beside it was about gone.

Actually many my jobs return for later a few years later so I am helping myself.

As for those PTO clutches I am slowly designing a custom puller for those that are seized on the shaft just I design myself a tool to hold those double D on some of the clutches. I got four sizes but across a 46mm one earlier this year and didn't even have a wrench to fit it. It is on the back burner right now as I got more work than I can shake a stick at. Two more big Ariens ZTRs and a Rider came yesterday. And I only got rid one ATV. So the equipment yard is getting full yet again. Boy I got to start working 12 hr days if I am going to catch up.

What I really need to do is stay off the computer hunting parts. It has become a war zone trying to buy parts and get them here within a reasonable time. It seems like everyday there is a front breaking out to battle with. All new surcharges and shipping charges are a pain to deal with. I am having to reprice everything at the time of ordering it. I rather be fixing the equipment. At least there I can beat something into submission. :lol:[/quote

I know its hard in today's times working for yourself. I owned my own business for 20 years but that was way before computers arrived for everyday users. My wife helped back then but I had to do all the work plus trying to get parts.
Today I just work on gas ezgo golf carts and pick and choose who I work for. That number of people is getting much less as I age. I will just tell you I was born in 1947 so I think you will understand.
I got to do something because golf and all the other things I once thought would be great in retirement just don't interest anymore. I am the happiest in my shop and to me its the best retirement ever. As a matter of fact I am loading up now and heading that way. I really appreciate your expert help here. If I can ever return the favor on say a gas ezgo golf cart please let me know. Tom
jerkputter123
Guide

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Discussion Forum