• Advertisement

Hustler zero turn question

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Hustler zero turn question

Postby jerkputter123 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:26 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Maybe I using a different Hustler site. I just went and double checked the Hustler IPL for the model you posted and it is the 605777. Which when I lookup the 605777 on the XtremeOPE website gives me the X0921 and the cross to the Warner 5219-193 clutch.

Thank you again. I will order it tomorrow. Tom
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby jerkputter123 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:15 am

I assume you went by the first numbers I give you Hustler model 935916 serial number 16124755 ? and not the engine numbers when looking up the clutch ? I guess that is why I got confused. Sorry for all the questions. I know now why its so confusing to make sure you order the correct part. Like you I had rather just do the work but I do thank you for your time. Tom
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby Arkie » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:03 am

Just a hint about immediately popping fuses when looking for a short or overload in equipment.
This is for when the equipment is in the shop and when you install a fuse it blows immediately or while.

If you cannot see the short using a ohmmeter and sometimes you cannot find with Ohms readings and the short or overload is almost immediately after the fuse is installed.

I keep some of the DC thermal Overload breakers around, the stud type from 5, 10, 15 amps and on up.
I have a clamp on automatic scale DC ammeter that goes up to 400 amps, I clamp it around the wire with the thermal breaker installed and test. I can confirm the overload or short without blowing fuses using the breaker and also I can move the breaker to different circuits (wires) to find the direction of the overload/short. Just be ready to disconnect the breaker fast if the overload is excessive as indicated on the ammeter to keep from burning wires.

Kinda disgusting and costly to just keep blowing fuses when trying to find a equipment overload especially if it the erratic type. :( With the intermittent erratic type shorts/overloads I have had to place a fuse in different circuits to get an idea of the direction of the overload
for example in your case fues just the electric clutch circuit with a 10 amp fuse and see if it blows before the 15-20 amp so as to get an idea if it's the clutch.
Also it's usually not mentioned in the troubleshooting to OHMs test the clutch coil winding to case ground with both wires disconnected so as to see if the coil winding is grounded internally.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby jerkputter123 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:10 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Maybe I using a different Hustler site. I just went and double checked the Hustler IPL for the model you posted and it is the 605777. Which when I lookup the 605777 on the XtremeOPE website gives me the X0921 and the cross to the Warner 5219-193 clutch.

Have you bought from this company KE4AV8 ? I have called three times today and left messages twice and nobody will return my call. I even emailed them and so far nothing from them. I just wanted to make sure if something goes wrong I can get hold of a human to talk to. Terrible customer support so far. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for your time. Tom
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:55 pm

I have in the past brought direct but with my Stens discount I usually get a better price thru Stens on the Xtreme clutches.

I just checked and Stens has the X0921 in stock. They actually had 42 of them.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby jerkputter123 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:29 pm

KE4AVB wrote:I have in the past brought direct but with my Stens discount I usually get a better price thru Stens on the Xtreme clutches.

I just checked and Stens has the X0921 in stock. They actually had 42 of them.

Thanks for the update. The Xtreme clutch seems to be the way to go anyway. I appreciate you helping me. Not my mower , just trying to help a neighbor who is low in cash but will work harder than most people I know.
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby jerkputter123 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:20 am

I also see that you have to be a Stens dealer to purchase parts. A person from Warner just replied about the part I need. I may just go ahead and buy it. I do appreciate you looking this up for me because they said they don't do that. You have helped more that I can tell you. Tom
jerkputter123
Guide

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum