• Advertisement

Honda HRX217 Drive problem

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Honda HRX217 Drive problem

Postby lefty » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:18 pm

HRX217K5HYAA
MAGA-2673434

I believe this is a hydro gear machine. The speed selector has a number of settings, 8 or 10 approximately. It operates fine except at low speeds. The machine doesn't move until you move the selector to the 3rd or 4th slot. The lower speeds aren't functioning. No noise, grinding, etc noticed. Just not moving.

I'm wondering if I just need to adjust the cable or if this is an indication of a bigger problem. The belt seems fine and all control cables appear attached. I have not disassembled the machine to check connections to the transmission. I wanted to make sure there wasn't a simple fix before I dive in as it appears to be a pretty good-sized task.

Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Honda HRX217 Drive problem

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:22 am

Just be aware the online IPL doesn't internal parts for the drive.

Now if you want a service (workshop) manual then you have to purchase one from Honda and it is a paper version.

https://publications.powerequipment.honda.com/power-equipment
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:50 am

I would think that the drive is OK. When you do the cable adjustment, it is normal to have the lower speed to not engage the drive. That way they have a neutral with the bail up.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:59 am

That makes sense. Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum