• Advertisement

Husqvana Blades

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Husqvana Blades

Postby lefty » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:42 am

Success. I cut a 26 degree, or 64 degree depending on how you look at it, angle at the end of the pipe. A couple of wacks and it seated. Thanks.

But as you might expect, this easy fix has turned into a nightmare for me.

I removed the flywheel screen and engine shroud so I could get the gas tank out. I've removed these items countless times as you might expect, including on this machine once. I put everything back together and my flywheel screen is cutting into the shroud when the machine is running, sending plastic shreads everywhere. So I took everything off again to make sure I did it right the first time and same thing. I'm at a loss. Thinking of putting some spacer washers under the screen so it will stand off a little more. Has anyone run into this? I can't stop thinking it's something I've done since it wasn't like that before, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

Edit: The engine: 407777-3195-G5 130413YG
Edit: Also, it's the plate trim it is cutting into, not the shroud.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:58 pm

I believe the shroud bolts to tin plate that in turn bolts to top of engine block - sure the plates are not bent upwards? be easy enough to bend the tabs a bit while struggling with the gas tank & steering.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby lefty » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:24 pm

Looks like the shroud was warped a bit causing the trim piece to rise up. I screwed the trim piece down clear of the flywheel fan and put washers between the screen and mounting studs. Bought me a few millimeters I needed to clear it. Wasn't sure what else to do. Everything was installed correctly. I'm wondering if heat just warped the shroud. I did notice that there was a missing bolt for the shroud. One of the ones to the rear. I replaced it with a 1/4 -20 with a washer. Maybe it warped because it wasn't anchored there and when I set it free, it didn't come back.
lefty
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum