• Advertisement

Troybilt snowblower model number

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Troybilt snowblower model number

Postby lefty » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:36 pm

Thank you
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:07 pm

KE4AVB wrote:According to the IPL the engine has an aluminum ring gear. IF so then it is the 16 tooth plastic gear that is used. The 14 tooth will only eat up the ring gear. Where when a 16 tooth plastic gear is used on a steel ring gear the gear is eaten up.

Also pay attention to the IPL as there are three different Starter Bendix listed.

But looking at the IPL I do see a 24 tooth gear use the starter that has 4-3/8 Housing. That complete Bendix is PN 495878. Which uses the 692353 gear. Just note that gear will fit all three 692024 starter clutch/drives.

Every one I look up for the 49878 kit shows a 16 tooth gear in the picture. I'm wondering if they are just putting up a stock image. I'm thinking of trying one with free returns just to check it out. The 692353 definitely shows a 24 tooth gear. But I need the rest of the parts as well. Maybe I'll grab both and hedge my bets. Thanks for the help.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:09 pm

By the way...I just noticed I had tacked on this starter question to the wrong post. Although the engine numbers are correct, this is not on a troybilt snowblower. It's for a vac/chipper. Sorry about that.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:20 am

Yes the use of stock images are problematic but that just how lazy most are. Nearly every cell phone now has a camera. Just a matter of taking a picture of the actual item and uploading.

I use an old GS170 phone here just for that purpose to load images into my accounting system for later reference. That phone is no longer use for calls as I am out of the T-mobile coverage area. I do wish I had a better camera for images myself as I need to post images of tags when asking question to OEM about parts.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum