• Advertisement

Nikki carbs for 31 and 33 series Briggs??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Nikki carbs for 31 and 33 series Briggs??

Postby Arkie » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:36 pm

Hanz63 asked:
Are there actual Ruixings sold on Amazon or something?

Appears to be a YES
Here is a link on ebay that computer took me when I looked at the Ruixing part number for the Briggs engine model I posted and it took me to a Briggs 594601 then a search for the carb took me here and I see clone for less than $20. Here is the link where I got the Ruixing carb part number info for the 33877 1371B1 engine.
https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks ... ki-ruixing

Link to clone carbs:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... _PrefLoc=2
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:52 am

And everyone of them are Nikki clones. You are taking a big chance that they are tuned right for you particular engine's needs. I done had use my micro bits to resize jets in them some are using idle jets so the mixture adjustment are not even usable until idle jet is resized.

This is why I tried to everyone here to help gathering Briggs PN and jet size to create a table of possible main jet replacements but sadly no one came through with any info. I reckon everyone was too lazy to help. So the only ones I have listed are the ones I have used. They measured in hundredth of a millimeter so a 115 is 1.15 millimeters.

Personally it is like everytime I ask for help on this forum because I never get any help in the last 6 yrs. I have find the answers on my own by experimenting. It would nice get some help instead of me only providing help.

I'm out of here for now as I got go get a primer for a MS250 this morning. But I am seriously considering pulling my Briggs info support in the downloads section.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:01 am

I do find your posts very informative and your Briggs links easy to navigate. So thanks for that. Your posts that come to mind are things that I never see myself. IE the new Kawasaki bucket engine and the mondo Briggs w/ the electric choke.
I dunno if in the long haul the Ruixings will be better than anything else, but I just don't have a low speed issue on carbs that I can pull the pilot jet from. A few tough Hondas I guess. It seems like the passage down through the stems on like the HRNs isn't much at all. But they open and run well when done.
I've brought the bits out on the Nikkis where I could. They're just not organized enough to even know what they are. Kind of a go / no go kind of thing.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:58 am

KE4ABB plus others:

Thanks for your info.
Speaking of using the microbits and re-sizing carb jets.
I've had to use the micro bits and go one step at a time in drill size re-sizing the idle jets with very good results on the later model Tecumseh non adjustable engine carbs, usually on the 8-12 hp, especially on the emergency gens where hunting and surging is really a bad thing, voltage jumping up and down and really bad surging in cold temps when a stable gen is actually needed.

When I mentioned this mod that I've done and how easy it is to accomplish in some of the forums to people that were fighting the lean run Tecumseh surging and hunting issue I got really bashed for even mentioning modding Al Gore going green lean carbs and was almost labeled a terriorist by the tree huggers, so I'm reluctant to mention modding (enriching) a carb to reduce hunting and surging.

Thanks for you info about the D shaped restrictor plates.
I later stumbled across where they are REQUIRED in some of the engines used for lawn tractor racing purposes. I'm going to try a D plate install one of these days to see if it will reduce the single cyclinder Nikki carb lean issues somewhat at mid-throttle where the carb sometimes produces the engine spit and not quite smooth. (less air intake like adding some choke for example)
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:20 pm

What they don't understand is that a surging engine is more polluting than one that is properly tuned.

I have resized jets on those Walbro that jet is in the fuel bowl retaining bolt.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum