• Advertisement

Simpson Pressure Washer Pumps

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Simpson Pressure Washer Pumps

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:10 am

Gentlemen,

I had a really bad experience trying get a AX300 pump covered by the 3 yr warranty. Simpson wants me to carry to a local warranty shop. Well that was a bust. First shop refused to take it as they were just too busy and only taking in mowers. They actually kicked me out (pointed me to the door) when I asked them to take it in. Never going to refer anyone to their shop again. Major A..holes. The second shop said they no longer handle Simpson warranties due to Simpson fail to pay for warranty done last year. I don't blame them as I would be doing the same. I drove over a 100 miles trying to get the pump covered.

Now this morning I tore down the pump to replace the water and oil seals and the oil. I found one water seal destroyed. The root cause is a defective piston. So I am going to be out over $100 to repair a $200 pump as I warranted to the customer. Apparently Simpson is a lousy company to buy from.

Personally I am never buying another Simpson pump because this warranty issue. The problem was cause by defective workmanship.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Simpson Pressure Washer Pumps

Postby bgsengine » Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:45 pm

Yup , just another "Used to be Good" brand going down the toilet after china buys the name.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Arkie » Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:50 am

I've got of list of them type's. It's carved in stone. Once they get on the list it's a permanent thing.

Once (customer service) leaves a bad taste in my mouth I do not ever go back for seconds.
Experience is what you get when what you got is not what you wanted, including warranties.

If something is under a warranty I tell the customer to go take care of it themselves.
I do not even attempt repairs on my own stuff if I can get a warranty repair.
If they decide to get it repaired without a warranty then I will listen to them.

Got to watch out for that word LIMITED WARRANTY in the fine print.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:14 am

In this case I AM the initial customer. I did install it as part of a repair where the customer let the old freeze.

Definitely will not ever buy another one of the AAA pumps.

It is costing me over $100 to repair a factory defect. Pump piston is the root cause of the problem it took the water packing and the oil seal.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum