• Advertisement

Parts becoming harder to get.

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Parts becoming harder to get.

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:52 am

Anyone else notice how parts are becoming harder to get? I mean taking months to get if you can even get them. Oems are seemly just cutting back on parts availability and laying off workers saying lack of orders is the cause.

Lately I have had to cancel multiple orders that were on order for over two months. Customers are just pulling the repair work because I can't get the parts from my distributors. Just lost another major repair Monday because of Gardner saying they has a transaxle in stock then back ordered it until 8/30. And when I check on it status on 8/16 it was in the warehouse to be shipped to me but I received no tracking number. Checked again on 8/18 and its back order date was extended to 10/1. When I told the customer of the delay he canceled the repair work so I had to cancel the order. This lying to me is not going to cut it.

And I just received a carburetor that was on back order for three months from Husqvarna.

Personally I am now not even ordering the parts if the distributor don't have the parts in stock as they keep putting anything on at least a month back order if not in stock. The only thing that is helping here is my current inventory of stock parts which is thinning out quickly but I am not restocking like I use to do. Now if it is a part I got to have I just order from some one that has it in stock. Of course I end up paying more it but that is just pass along to the customer.

Boy this is enough to make a grown man yell at the top of his lungs.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion