• Advertisement

Honda Parts

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Honda Parts

Postby lefty » Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:30 pm

I'm used to "up to" and "from" with a specific number. I didn't realize that "9999999" could mean up to the next break. I'm not used to seeing that. I read that as an overlap. Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:36 pm

Actually, I'm still not sure I'm grasping it. My serial doesn't fall into either of those ranges.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:21 pm

Perhaps not the right view? I know some parts catalogs may offer a "master" view covering the most common and then sometimes they have a sub-assembly view for other type/code/serial numbers? check the rest of the parts breakdowns, perhaps and see if they have what you are looking for as well (I assume air cleaner case?) - and in there you might find, on closer look that they mention to see other drawings for other ranges?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:39 am

Ahhh I see your problem. So I went out to Boats.net and they only showing the 17220-ZM0-030 as the correct PN for K4 revision level. When I pull the fitment chart the 17220-Z8B-010 isn't even listed for the K4 VKAA but of course the 17220-ZM0-030 is only shown for the K1-K3 versions of the VKAA.

I also check Partstree and they are also only showing the 17220-ZM0-030. So I would assume this is the correct part number.

Dang it they need to get their grits and gravy to together.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:41 am

It's almost as if they're doing it on purpose and laughing at me as I try to figure it out.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby SUKI » Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:15 am

I think they are just trying drive us crazy at times. I was working on an ATV earlier where my normal part supplier said the spider gears were not available but gave me the PNs. I proceeded to DUCK DUCK them and another just indicated they were just superseded. Went the supplier with the new PNs and they had them.

And now the front ball joint got thread damaged removing the same supplier said they weren't available separately but All Balls had them. So it pays to research thing deeper at times.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum