• Advertisement

Homelite K200 Trimmer

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Homelite K200 Trimmer

Postby Mek-a-nik » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:16 pm

UT20781
It's hard to start, once running, it's fine. It does blow some blue smoke, however. All I've done is put mix in it to be sure the customer has the right mixture ratio. Still smokes. Worse when cold.
While pulling the rope, it "chugs", for lack of a better word. It also shakes in rythym with the chugging. I've never seen a 2 stroke do this.
I know it's probably not worth repairing, but I'm curious, mostly because I've never seen one do this before. I'm trying to improve my 2 stroke skills. It's hard though, when a lot of the stuff they sell nowadays is throw away.
The customer may go for the repair, because it was his father's and he has a sentimental attachment.
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Homelite K200 Trimmer

Postby bgsengine » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:16 pm

Sounds like a 4-stroking 2-stroke - quite possibly running rich due to a leaking check valve
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Mek-a-nik » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:37 am

That kinda adds up. It's at the customer's house, but I kinda remember it dying after idling a little bit and the bottom of the air cleaner housing being wet. I've seen leaking check valves before, but never with the chugging symptoms.
Looks like the carb is NLA. I've replaced a couple check valves in the past (with a lot of luck, depends on the carb), using old parts carbs. I'll have to see if it's possible on this one. I'll call him the next time I'm going to be out his way. I don't think he'll need it for a while. :lol:
He also has a new Echo SRM 230 (I believe?). He says that's too tough on small tree trunks ("It's an animal.") and likes to use the Homelite for such places. His wife says it's just because it was his father's. ;)
Thanks.
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Do you have the make and model of the carburetor that is on it?

If a Walbro you use the following link to see there is a replacement available, just on the upper right "Parts Look-up" link and enter your model number.
http://www.walbro.com/partsservice
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Its a Zama C1U-H39A still available from Zama, Could order one in for you , they are about $45 including shipping

But Kits are: GND-18 , RB-29 for Diaphragm Kit , Repair Kit respectively
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Technical Discussion Forum