• Advertisement

Huskee log splitter problems

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Huskee log splitter problems

Postby samcarpen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:08 am

Mdl. LS401221TS with Briggs 104M02-0020-F1. Pulls starter handle out of your hand. During my L-head days, I was taught that mower engines required a blade to operate. I'm assuming that's still the case. What would be the correct engine for this splitter?

Thanks Sam
samcarpen

Advertisement

Re: Huskee log splitter problems

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:43 am

That engine appears to have a heavy cast iron flywheel. First check the valve adjustments. Now I have seen a few with the ACR bad on this camshaft too. Both will cause compression kick back as well a partially shear flywheel key.

As to if it is the right engine that 22 ton splitter came with a 190 cc engine and not a 163 cc. IE it should have a 6.5 hp engine if you want to operate it at full capacity.

Do you need the owners/IPL manual for this splitter?
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Huskee log splitter problems

Postby bgsengine » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:04 am

yeah don't forget to check flywheel key too - have seen plenty enough of them with sheared keys even though they don't have blades
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
The Shop
    Current Briggs & Stratton MST
    Echo Certified Technician
    Kohler Expert Tech
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST
Kohler Expert
Kohler Expert
NAEDA Member
NAEDA Member

Return to Technical Discussion Forum