• Advertisement

Toro/MTD cross reference?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Toro/MTD cross reference?

Postby Mr Mower Man » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:55 pm

I have a Toro LX420 in the shop, which is clearly an MTD mower. Model 13AX60RG744.

I need an idler arm and pin for the deck. Toro part numbers 112-6064 and 112-3749 respectively. My distributor is out of stock, as they aren't all that great at stocking Toro parts. I wouldn't expect them in for a couple of weeks if I ordered it there. However, I have seen other brands of MTD mowers with the same kind of deck belt tensioning system, and their parts have MTD numbers. Might I be able to order an MTD number for these parts and get them faster (and have a better discount!)?
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Toro/MTD cross reference?

Postby bgsengine » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Yep,if you can successfully cross reference the part numbers - There is no readily available cross reference but if you know your tractor model and deck size and can "guesstimate" a comparable MTD or Cub Cadet (more likely cub cadet or troy-bilt) model and use that parts lookup, comparing the assembly diagrams and construction, chances are you can match up the MTD part number - Mileage may vary doing that but you can always add that cross reference to your local system, once you can physically confirm parts match up.. Only downside is if they don't match you might end up with inventory you might not sell for months or years (if ever). You'll probably be looking for a comparable X60R model with a G series deck (which should be a 42" I think)
*EDIT TO ADD*
similar example: https://www.ereplacementparts.com/cub-c ... 34032.html I looked it up by a fuzzy google search for "2014 G series deck cub cadet" which coughed up the cub cadet "XT series" and I just picked one at random, dunno how similar your parts list is, but you get the idea...

*Edit #2*
Another Hint - scrape the blades good and examine other deck pieces to see if you can find any MTD part numbers on them, can use them to look up in "fits model" area of parts lookups, which may help narrow things down..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:30 pm

This might get you close. The last 3 digits which I didn't use in the search is normally the seller code for mtd machines. Interesting that 048 and 848 show as toro along with your 744.
http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/Public.do
Ok link just gets you to site. Enter your model number but leave off 744. Enter number 1 for serial. You should see 2 models ending 048 and 848.
Sorry. Only owners. No ipl.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:38 pm

I know that my friend's Toro is a lot like my white model 761. Enter model 13a2762f into that link I posted. Although it's a 38 inch the manual show the 42 inch deck as as well. Likely same chassis.
Sorry again. Looks like mine doesn't have that idler.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Mr Mower Man » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:18 pm

Well, I think I'm in luck!

I happened to remember a customer (neighbor, actually) who had a Troybilt Super Bronco that had a deck belt tensioner system like this. :idea: Model 13BX60TG766. Luckily, the OEM belt for the Toro is a 954-04045, which is also what this Troybilt uses. And the parts on the IPL look exactly the same! And they're available from my distributor (719-04233-0637 and 750-04637A)!

I'll have to let you guys know how it works out. Thanks!
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum