• Advertisement

Genset recommendation

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Genset recommendation

Postby G Archer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:40 pm

What is the best portable genset for the money of at least 7500watts ?I see all brands of the China made units and I want to stay away from them.Also is there a kit you can install to use LP and then switch back to gas? Thanks for any replies.

Glenn
G Archer

Advertisement

Re: Genset recommendation

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Maybe this article will help explain what needed for LP/Natural Gas Conversions. It is a PDF file. There are three ways of converting explained in the article.

LP Conversion information>
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carbturbo.com%2Finstallation.pdf&ei=0XAFU-nKOMnrkQetjYC4Dw&usg=AFQjCNHocGmSI7zfyx9Wntcap7ErdmFvqA&sig2=ancUHssb7EQKB5q0eb68tA&bvm=bv.61725948,d.eW0
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby OverKnight » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:41 pm

Please post this link again; this one looks like two url''s combined into one, and neither work.
"I shall pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet
OverKnight
Forum Regular

Postby bgsengine » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:16 pm

OverKnight wrote:Please post this link again; this one looks like two url''s combined into one, and neither work.

works for me - google search result is what it is -a link to a cached pdf file on google
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby RoyM » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:32 pm

What are you looking for? Briggs make some reasonably priced portables designed for farm/ranch/cottage use, don't expect them to run a construction job site. Honda, Yamaha, Kubota and others make much more rugged units but the price reflects the quality.
I looked after a dual fuel lift truck, a real pain in the butt. The guys wanted to switch on the go when the propane ran out without running back to the refuelling station for a spare bottle. Trouble was the gasoline had gone skunky and the carb sprayed it everywhere, the propane had dried out the gaskets and seals. The repair kit cost as much as the IMPCO conversion so I switched it to straight LPG.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum