• Advertisement

zama model ?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: zama model ?

Postby Fulltilt » Wed May 17, 2017 7:31 am

38racing wrote:
KE4AVB wrote:You did set the metering lever height and change the internal filter screen?

the screen yes but not the height. I usually leave it where I found it assuming it ran ok at one time. If someone brought it as it runs now I have had some success just mixing 50-50 gas seafoam to 40:1 oil and run on choke and let sit and repeat several times and that will get it running ok again with maybe a carb needle tweak. May try both.
Also need to consider this:
"Note: It is often un-necessary to remove the welch plug. Test for plugged progression holes by spraying carb cleaner into the L needle hole. If cleaner sprays out the progression holes there is no need to remove the welch plug."
I sprayed in but didn't really check output at progression holes.
I see lever height "should be almost flush with gasket flange". Nice and precise. Does 'almost' mean a little above or a little below lol.

Look, judicial use of carb spray won't hurt the check valves...any more then being soaked in ethanol for years, no? I use it all the time, no adverse effects , in spit of what some will tell you. The key word is judicial. You also don't want to go ape with the air blow gun.
That's pretty much the whole point of the spray, c'mon bud.
You also need to check the operation of the non-removeable check valves, most important. I do it on all the cubes, as well as the main nozzle check valve operation.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Re: zama model ?

Postby 38racing » Sat May 20, 2017 8:43 pm

so the trimmer sat until today and I picked it up to move it. Just for the heck I primed it, applied choke and tried to start. fired right and ran great with the choke off. go figure. I actually got a bit of trimming done with it.
38racing
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum