• Advertisement

Briggs air cleaner screw

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Briggs air cleaner screw

Postby creia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Update:
OK, i tried retapping the hole, however it failed (no surprise based on some of the replies) :( I will probably need to go the Helicoil route. Before I do, has anyone tried the Loctite 3937 Thread Repair Kit? If so, please share your results?
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:30 am

Update # 2:
To my surprise it appears that the Loctite Thread Repair Kit 3937 actually worked! :o We will see how it holds up with time (vibration and taking the air cleaner on and off)
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:04 pm

creia wrote:Update # 2:
To my surprise it appears that the Loctite Thread Repair Kit 3937 actually worked! :o We will see how it holds up with time (vibration and taking the air cleaner on and off)
Michael
:mrgreen: :usa: :popcorn: :ugeek:
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Arkie » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:49 pm

creia wrote:Update # 2:
Michael

I've got some very good epoxy two part slow dry that I can mix aluminum or steel dust into to make stronger but it would need few old threads or something to hold into the hole. I use KIWI neutral shoe polish as a release agent. I have to keep a heads up and do the release break free when at a slight flexible drying stage before a complete harden to make sure that I get a release. I use aluminum dust instead of steel dust when I don't want it too form rust.
This epoxy is only good for instances similar to yours where a lot of holding force is not needed. It about 10X stronger than JB.
Them long Briggs breather screws are easily cross threaded by someone who is not familiar with the feel of starting the first few threads gently and not grab a screwdriver and immediately start cranking.

I was going to review the 3937 on-line and that number does not review. :?:

Is that the exact part number? :?:
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:27 am

Might be a typo as I am finding it under 3967 (kit 38654)

12.9mL Gray Stripped Thread(R) Repair Kit 28654
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:24 am

KE4AVB wrote:Might be a typo as I am finding it under 3967 (kit 38654)

12.9mL Gray Stripped Thread(R) Repair Kit 28654

Yes, you provided the correct number and link- Thank you. I posted an incorrect number (typo) :oops:
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum